These mini taco cups are great for an appetizer if you’re hosting a party or even great for dinner!
My friend made these mini taco cups for a birthday party a few weeks ago; they were terrific! So the following week, I decided to try and whip these up for dinner, and they turned out great. They were super filling and were a huge hit!
You know that taco night is our favourite night! We try to mix up the taco recipes as much as we can so that we can still eat them weekly but won’t get sick of tacos. These are quick to prep and don’t take long to cook up. You can’t beat that!
I’ve seen these made a million ways, so feel free to add your touch or toppings. For example, I bought the little cupcake baking tray from Walmart and used that to bake taco cups. You can also find it on Amazon if you prefer to order online.
We used a whole wheat soft taco tortilla for these mini taco cups, but I am sure you could use any tortilla you’d like! I couldn’t get the corn tortilla to stay formed in the cupcake slots, and they ripped a little. You might have more luck than I did, though! I think your best chance would be with flour or whole wheat tortilla.
Delectable Mini Taco Cups
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 package flour tortillas - large whole wheat
- ½ medium white onion
- 3 medium Roma tomatoes
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 block cheddar cheese
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Cut the tortillas into circle shapes to fill in the cupcake holders.
- Bake the tortillas for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit before adding the toppings
- Cook your taco meat on the stove. 1 lb of ground beef with 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- Chop the veggies while the meat is cooking: onions, lettuce, green pepper, and tomato. Shred the cheddar cheese.
- Fill the taco cups with the ground beef and add the onions, tomato, and cheese. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Lastly, add the lettuce and a little more cheese to the top if you wish.