Pesto comes from the Italian word “pestare,” which means crush, mash, pound. This sauce is uncooked and usually made of basil, garlic, olive oil, pine nuts and cheese. Today, I’ll share with you this yummy beef and pesto pasta that I recently tried at home.
I didn’t have all the proper ingredients for an authentic pesto when making dinner last night, so I improvised. Here is my take on an easy green sauce a la pesto for pasta served with beef.
Savoury Beef and Pesto Pasta
This beef and pesto pasta is a special take to the classic Italian pasta dish. I made use of beef to give this meal a savory kick.
- 1 handful basil
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 tablespoon cashews - unsalted
- 1 tablespoon gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 1 dollop olive oil
- 1 clove garlic - crushed or finely chopped
- 1 dollop heavy cream (also called thickened cream)
- 8 small mushrooms - champignons'
- 500 grams Linguine - or your pasta choice
- 450 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper - adjust for taste
- 1 pinch salt - adjust for taste
- Cut the champignon first in 2 halves and slice thinly. Set aside.8 small mushrooms
- Cook the pasta.500 grams Linguine
- Remember to put salt into the water.
- Have the basil, parsley, nuts, cheese, broth powder, garlic and olive oil in a blender, and blend to a relatively smooth mix.1 handful basil, 1 handful parsley, 1 tablespoon cashews, 1 tablespoon gruyere cheese, 1 teaspoon beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon), 1 dollop olive oil, 1 clove garlic
- Add the cream to the mixture and combine again for about 5 seconds.1 dollop heavy cream (also called thickened cream)
- Set aside.
- Heat a large pan and lightly brown the champignons.
- When they are ready, remove them from the pan into a medium-large separate bowl.
- Have the beef in the hot pan. Let them cook until browned.450 grams ground beef (minced beef)
- Remove the beef from the pan, then add to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper over the meat and mushrooms and mix it all together.1 pinch ground black pepper, 1 pinch salt
- Turn down the heat on the pan.
- Pour in the green sauce and let it warm up a little.
- When the pasta is al dente and steaming hot, add it to the sauce and mix everything well together.
- Top with the mushroom and beef and serve immediately.
- Serve with a green salad and grated cheese.
Calories: 267kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 26gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 825mgPotassium: 828mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 691IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.