So what is for dinner tonight? This Easy Turkey Taco Soup is a super easy crockpot recipe that makes dinner (for the next couple of nights) a snap!
This recipe is super easy and very “loosey-goosey.” I use what I have and substitute as needed. I didn’t have any tomato paste tonight, so I used ketchup, and it was fine. I have added refried beans instead of pinto beans, and I have added a can of Cambell’s nacho cheese.
Easy Turkey Taco Soup
This easy turkey taco soup is one if the easiest soup you can make at home. It's the perfect dish to serve in the cold days.
- 15 ounces chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - browned and drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup white rice
- Get out your handy-dandy crockpot and plug it in.
- Turn to high if dinner is 3 or fewer hours out; turn to low if it is more than 3 hours.
- Brown and drain turkey meat, set aside.
- Add water, stock, beans, corn, tomato paste, seasoning and turkey meat. Stir.
- Add in rice. I usually add the rice right away and let it cook as long as everything else. The rice ends up a little mushy, but I don’t mind, and for times stake it works for me. If you want your rice to remain pretty, add it when you have about an hour to an hour and a half left before serving.
- Cook on low for high for up to three hours or low up to eight hours. Stir occasionally, especially if cooked on high.
- Stir well before serving. And beware that it will be hot as the dickens.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro.
Calories: 257kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 20gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 649mgPotassium: 510mgFiber: 5gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 687IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.