So what is for dinner tonight? This Easy Turkey Taco Soup is a super easy crockpot recipe that makes dinner (for the next couple of nights) a snap!
This recipe is super easy and very “loosey-goosey.” I use what I have and substitute as needed. I didn’t have any tomato paste tonight, so I used ketchup, and it was fine. I have added refried beans instead of pinto beans, and I have added a can of Cambell’s nacho cheese.
Easy Turkey Taco SoupPrint Recipe
- 1 15-ounce can of chicken stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of pinto beans
- 1 can of corn
- 2/3 to 1 pound of ground turkey, browned and drained
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of rice
- Get out your handy-dandy crockpot and plug it in.
- Turn to high if dinner is 3 or fewer hours out; turn to low if it is more than 3 hours.
- Brown and drain turkey meat, set aside.
- Add water, stock, beans, corn, tomato paste, seasoning and turkey meat. Stir.
- Add in rice. I usually add the rice right away and let it cook as long as everything else. The rice ends up a little mushy, but I don’t mind, and for times stake it works for me. If you want your rice to remain pretty, add it when you have about an hour to an hour and a half left before serving.
- Cook on low for high for up to three hours or low up to eight hours. Stir occasionally, especially if cooked on high.
- Stir well before serving. And beware that it will be hot as the dickens.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro.