These Asian Steak Tacos are wonderfully made with the fusion of Asian and Tex-Mex cuisines. It’s such a flavourful quick snack that you’ll keep craving for once you’ve tried it.
- Tacos Ingredients
- ½ cup of prepared barbecue sauce
- ½ cup of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of sliced scallions
- 1 ½ pound of flank steak
- 8 fresh corn tortillas
- Slaw Ingredients
- 8 – 10 ounces of shredded cabbage slaw mix
- ¼ cup of julienned radish
- ½ tablespoon of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of sliced scallion
- 2 ½ teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1 ½ tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoon of soy sauce
- Juice from 1 fresh lime
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- container, combine barbecue and hoisin sauces, sesame oil, garlic and steak. Mix thoroughly; refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight.
- For the slaw, whisk wet ingredients together in a bowl until a loose vinaigrette is formed. Adjust with salt and pepper. Add cabbage mix, radish, cilantro, scallion, and sesame seed. Stir ingredients until vinaigrette evenly coats the cabbage.
- Grill or pan-sear the flank steak, basting with excess marinade. Cook to desired doneness. Meanwhile, steam or toast your corn tortillas and reserve.
- Mince the flank steak across the grain. Brush a bit of hoisin inside the tortilla for each taco, and add steak and slaw. Serve.