Sweet Chili Meatballs. Last October, I was introduced to the life-changing product that is Frank’s Sweet Chili Sauce. I was over the moon over my grocery shopping discovery. Giddy. Elated. Borderline psychotic, even.
I envisioned a million delicious ways to enlist this sumptuous sauce. The possibilities were endless! The sky was the limit! So after first using it to make mouth-watering Sweet Chili Scallops, what did I do next? Nothing, really.
I mean, yes, I’ve bought like 23 bottles since then and have maybe, maybe, simply licked it from the jar once or twice. But besides enjoying it in my own free time, I haven’t made another recipe with it, until now.
Friends, Happy Freakin’ Friday! We’re making Sweet Chili Meatballs.
Meatballs are a great food to play around with. Similar to burgers, you can kinda just throw in whatever you have lying around and see what happens. And just like their patty counterpart, you can lighten up meatballs or fatten them up as you please. For this particular version, I took the healthier route, and if you knew how bad I’ve been slacking on my workouts, you’d totally understand.
What better way to ease back into reality than to reward yourself with some delicious, healthy eats? I think it’s the best way, frankly. I mean, those brutal workouts need to be rewarded somehow. Improving my health just isn’t enough instant gratification.
Sweet Chili Meatballs are great on so many levels. First, there are only a few ingredients. Second, they’re ready in 30 minutes. Third, they are low-carb fabulous. And fourth, they are lip-smackingly delicious! Sweet and tangy with a fluffy, moist texture, these Sweet Chili Meatballs are just as tasty as the sauce that’s in them. So make these. Now. You’ll thank me.
Amazing 30-Minute Sweet Chili Meatballs
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef 96/4
- ⅓ cup sweet chili sauce I used Frank’s Red Hot
- ½ cup whole wheat panko crumbs I used Ian’s
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons crushed or minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse black peppercorn
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, sweet chili sauce, panko crumbs, egg, garlic, and salt and pepper. With damp hands, mash together ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Roll meat into just larger than golf-size balls (12) and place onto a well-greased baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 20–25 minutes until golden and crispy, turning mid-way for even cooking. When ready, immediately plate and serve with extra sweet chili sauce for dipping.