This Layered Taco Bake was one of the easiest things I’ve done in some time. I was watching the Today Show a few weeks ago and saw something similar done during one of their 1-Minute cooking segments (which is about how long they give their guests, right?), and I’ve seen this on Pinterest somewhere as well.
The Today Show version used a springform (which I used), but the Pinterest version used a regular 8-inch baking dish. It doesn’t matter, but I’d go with the springform if you’re more concerned with looks. It’s not just for cheesecakes!
Layered Taco BakePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef, cooked
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Water for taco seasoning
- 3 cups of shredded cheese blend
- Small can of green chiles
- 8-inch soft flour tortillas
- 1 can of refried beans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If using a springform, place it on the cookie sheet to prevent any possible leakage during baking. Spray with nonstick cooking spray (cheese is sticky!)
- Start layering!
- Add a few tablespoons of refried beans to the bottom layer tortilla. I only used refried beans on the bottom layer.
- Add the sparse amount of beef to layer.
- Add a tablespoon of green chiles over beef, spreading over the layer.
- Sprinkle layer with shredded cheese (as much as you like!)
- Add another tortilla and continue until desired height! I felt four layers were good enough for us.
- Bake 30 minutes and allow to cool about 15 minutes before removing from springform/cake pan.
- Cut and serve! I like to top mine with chopped lettuce and sour cream.