I first made this Minced Beef Lasagna With White Sauce 10 to 12 years back. I was new to cooking back then. It took a lot of time but came out good every single time. I improved the lasagna recipe with my husband’s criticism. He is my biggest critique and claims that I’m good at cooking because of him. Without his criticism, I wouldn’t have been able to do all the good things that I make now. Which I think is true to some extent. I have made this recipe ample times, and I hope it turns out well for you too.
Minced Beef Lasagna With White SaucePrint Recipe
- Minced Beef Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 pound of lasagna sheets, boiled with salt
- 1-2 tablespoons of ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, dried
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 250 grams of hot salsa sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, roasted and powdered
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds, roasted and powdered
- 1 kilogram of ground beef
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 250 grams of Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 250 grams of cheddar cheese, shredded
- White Sauce Instructions
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of plain flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 cup of cream
Minced Beef Instructions
- Take 1/4 cup of oil and add in it ginger and garlic paste. Fry for 30 seconds and add ground beef, fry for 2 minutes.
- Add rosemary and oregano and fry it for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes or tomato puree, salt, red chillies, cumin seeds and coriander seeds (crushed and powdered).
- Give it a good stir and cover it with its lid. Keep it on high heat for 10 minutes. Lower the heat and leave it on the stove for about 20 minutes with the lid.
- Check the mincemeat. It must have been cooked by now. At this stage, add hot salsa sauce, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce and cook it for about 5 minutes. Now add sliced green onions and capsicum to it. Fry it for about 5 minutes, and your minced beef is ready.
- For lasagna sheets, it’s your own choice to boil them or use pre-cooked sheets. I boil them for a few minutes; no pre-cooking is required, even if it’s written on it. It makes the sheets softer, and the people in my home like it better this way. Add salt and 2 tablespoons of oil in boiling water and then put the sheets in it. You’ll have to check the sheets when they are cooking. Otherwise, they’ll stick to each other.
White Sauce Instructions
- Melt butter in a pan. Add flour to it and fry it till it changes its colour to light brown.
- Add salt and pepper to it. Mix it well, and then add hot milk to it little by little. Keep stirring it till it gets thick and creamy when there are no lumps in the sauce. Remove it from the stove and add cream to it and mix well. Your white sauce is ready.
- Now take a dish. Use a teaspoon of oil to grease the dish. Place the lasagna sheets in the first layer to cover the bottom of the dish. Make the second layer using the cooked mincemeat. Put 2 Tbsp of white sauce over it and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese. Repeat all of the above steps till your dish is full. The last layer at the top should be lasagna. Pour all of the remaining white sauce to cover the whole lasagna sheet. Decorate it with bell peppers, green capsicums, shredded mozzarella, olives, dried oregano and mixed Italian herbs.
- Bake it in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees in grill mode till the top layer is golden brown.