I recently found out how good zucchini noodles are, so I’m experimenting with tons of variations I can do. Today, I’ll share with you the turkey meatballs with zucchini noodles recipe I altered from a post I saw online. It’s easy to prepare and makes a good meal when you want something filling and healthy.
Turkey Meatballs With Zucchini NoodlesPrint Recipe
- Meatball Ingredients
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup of red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ large red onion, diced
- ½ cup of kale, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 4 tablespoons of crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 egg, if needed
- Zoodle Ingredients
- 2 decent-sized zucchinis
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine meatball ingredients in a mixing bowl. Use a scoop (I used an ice cream scoop) and one hand to form into a ball shape. Add the egg if the mixture doesn’t hold up.
- Coat a large skillet with oil and bring to medium heat. Slowly add meatballs as you form each ball, careful not to fall apart or splash oil.
- Let meatballs brown on each side. I found tongs to be great to turn them around gently. Transfer to the preheated oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes. I don’t have a cast-iron skillet, so I transferred my meatballs into a foil-lined oven-safe pan, making sure to transfer all the oily goodness over with them.
- Spiralize zucchinis. I use my handheld Veggetti, and it does these kinds of jobs well. In a separate pan, add oil and bring to medium heat. Add zoodles, cooking for a few minutes, careful not to overcook. Overcooked zoodles will become soggy.