These turkey and zucchini meatballs are healthy, easy and simple to make. And totally customizable too and you can tweak to your taste. If you don’t like a few of the ingredients I’ve included in my version, leave them out! Sub for others you do. Be creative! Be free!
Easy and Healthy Turkey and Zucchini MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped or shredded zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini)
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup instant oatmeal
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used Sartori's Salsa Asiago)
- 1 egg
- 2 small jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne/black pepper blend like McCormick's Hot Shot Blend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
2. The optional step is to lightly sauté the diced onion, peppers and garlic until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
3. Combine all ingredients and form into medium sized meatballs.
4. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes, gently flip meatballs and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!