These turkey and zucchini meatballs are healthy, easy and simple to make. And totally customizable too and you can tweak to your taste. If you don’t like a few of the ingredients I’ve included in my version, leave them out! Sub for others you do. Be creative! Be free!
Easy and Healthy Turkey and Zucchini Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - lean
- 1 cup zucchini - chopped or shredded, about 1 medium zucchini
- ½ cup white onion - diced
- ½ cup oatmeal - instant
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded, I used Sartori's Salsa Asiago
- 1 medium egg
- 2 small jalapeños - seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper - like McCormick's Hot Shot Blend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - optional
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- The optional step is to lightly sauté the diced onion, peppers and garlic until soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and form into medium sized meatballs.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes, gently flip meatballs and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve and Enjoy!