With a mere 120 calories in a 4-ounce serving and packing 26 grams of protein – lean, ground turkey breast is an excellent alternative to beef for runners and other athletes. Ground Turkey can be substituted in almost any ground beef dish, including tacos, burgers, meatloaf and lasagna! Here is a delicious Spicy Ground Turkey and Veggie Skillet dish featuring ground turkey breast.
Devour this as a light lunch, or serve on a bed of brown rice for a hearty and healthy dinner! Make in advance, and re-heat for a great, post-run meal.
Spicy Ground Turkey and Veggie SkilletPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of lean, ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 cup of white cabbage, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, sliced and diced
- 1 medium carrot peeled and shaved
- Dash of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Shrimp (optional)
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Cook the first 6 ingredients until turkey is cooked through and onion is soft for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and celery, and cook until tender for about 5 minutes. Serve in small bowls and top with shaved carrot, a dash of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Top with cooked shrimp (optional).