I was thinking of a healthy meal that will not skip the meat. As you all know, I still want to have meat in my meals as I love protein in my diet. Then I thought about making this Crumbly Turkey Taco Salad With Avocado Cream recipe.
This salad is a quick pick-me-up food. It may use leftover ingredients, which means there is less time required to make this yummy salad.
I love making this turkey salad when I want one dish that has it all–meat, veggies, spices, and fruits! It’s really the best salad to have!
Crumbly Turkey Taco Salad With Avocado Cream Recipe
- 1 head romaine lettuce - chopped
- 3 small tomato - chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 2 medium avocado
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cilantro (coriander) - roughly chopped
- 1 medium lime juice - juiced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion - diced
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - chopped
- 1 medium zucchini - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 16- ounce salsa
- 1 small can red kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- ½ cup corn
- 8 small Taco shells
- Shred the cheese and chop the lettuce and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Place the avocados, salt, cilantro, lime juice and Greek yogurt in the bottom of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. You may want to adjust the lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When ready, add the onion and green pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the zucchini. Continue cooking until they’re barely beginning to soften. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the ground turkey and break it down with the side of a wooden spoon. Throw in a bit of salt and pepper to taste, along with the cumin. Cook until the centre of the turkey pieces is no longer pink. Pour out any of the extra juice.
- Add the whole jar of salsa. Cook for a minute, and then add the beans and corn. Cook until heated through.
- To assemble the salad, place some lettuce in the bottom of a taco shell. Add the meat and veggie mixture. Top with the cheese and avocado cream.