I was thinking of a healthy meal that will not skip the meat. As you all know, I still want to have meat in my meals as I love protein in my diet. Then I thought about making this Crumbly Turkey Taco Salad With Avocado Cream recipe.
This salad is a quick pick-me-up food. It may use leftover ingredients, which means there is less time required to make this yummy salad.
I love making this turkey salad when I want one dish that has it all–meat, veggies, spices, and fruits! It’s really the best salad to have!
Crumbly Turkey Taco Salad With Avocado Cream RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- Shredded cheese (for topping)
- 2 avocados
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup of cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 16-ounce container of salsa
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn, thawed
- Taco shells
- Shred the cheese and chop the lettuce and tomatoes. Set aside.
- Place the avocados, salt, cilantro, lime juice and Greek yogurt in the bottom of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. You may want to adjust the lime juice and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When ready, add the onion and green pepper. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add the zucchini. Continue cooking until they’re barely beginning to soften. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add the ground turkey and break it down with the side of a wooden spoon. Throw in a bit of salt and pepper to taste, along with the cumin. Cook until the centre of the turkey pieces is no longer pink. Pour out any of the extra juice.
- Add the whole jar of salsa. Cook for a minute, and then add the beans and corn. Cook until heated through.
- To assemble the salad, place some lettuce in the bottom of a taco shell. Add the meat and veggie mixture. Top with the cheese and avocado cream.