This homemade green chile ground beef enchilada recipe is super easy to make, and everyone will love it!
The secret to this beef enchilada recipe is the sauce and roasted hatch green chile. Roasted green chile is essential to the flavour of this homemade enchilada recipe! However, if you only have access to canned green chile, it will affect the taste.
Suppose you have to use canned chile and like your enchiladas spicy try this. Substitute a small can of roasted jalapeños for some of the green chile.
Green Chile Ground Beef Enchilada RecipePrint Recipe
- 14 pounds of ground beef, precooked in salt and pepper
- 2 26-ounce cans of cream of mushroom
- 1 pound of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces of sour cream
- 12 ounces of roasted peeled and chopped green chillies
- 3 dozens of yellow corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup of cooking oil
- Add cream of mushroom, sour cream and 3/4 chopped green chile to a large saucepan.
- Add 3/4 can of water or milk. Mix well, then blend ingredients with a hand blender. Add remaining green chile and heat green enchilada sauce but don’t boil.
- Lightly fry the corn tortillas in oil, just a couple of seconds per side. If using a 13 x 9 baking dish, you will need 24 to 30 tortillas for 4 to 5 layers.
Enchilada Casserole Instructions
- Ladle sauce on the bottom of the baking dish to keep the tortillas from sticking. Layer first row of tortillas, sauce, and cheese. Repeat until the final layer of just sauce and cheese.