I love me some spring rolls, and whenever I have Thai food, you better believe that I will be ordering some. Of course, I don’t eat out much these days after revamping my diet and priorities, but I would still like to enjoy spring rolls once in a while. So what to do? Make my own, of course! So that’s what I did with this Gluten-Free Ginger Spring Rolls recipe.
Of course, I made them my own, changing the traditional white rice wraps to brown rice ones, vermicelli noodles to sweet potato noodles, and used my ginger ground turkey to stuff these gluten-free ginger spring rolls.
Gluten-Free Ginger Spring RollsPrint Recipe
- Ginger Ground Turkey Ingredients
- 1/2 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1-inch piece of ginger grated
- 1/4 white onion
- 1 tablespoon of fresh cilantro
- Lemon Ginger Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of low sodium, gluten-free, non-GMO tamari
- 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- Other Ingredients
- 4 brown rice spring roll wrappers
- 2 cups of sweet potato noodles
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of grated green cabbage
- 1/2 thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/2 fresh lemon
Ginger Ground Turkey Instructions
- After removing the ground turkey from the packaging, place it in a pan on medium heat and let cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until 160 degrees.
- Sprinkle with salt and add small sliced white onion, grated fresh ginger, and cilantro. Let cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
Sweet Potato Noodles Instructions
- Boil a pot of water filled with 4 cups of water. When it begins boiling, add sweet potato noodles and boil until soft.
- With kitchen scissors, cut noodles into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside to cool when done.
Dipping Sauce Instructions
- Add all the ingredients into a small dipping bowl and stir together.
Spring Roll Instructions
- To make the spring roll, you will need a wide bowl to dip the wrap. Then you will need to fill the bowl with warm water, then dip the open wrap into it and place it on a flat surface.
- Immediately, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of sweet potato noodles, shredded cabbage, 1 thin slice of avocado, cilantro, and 1 to 2 tablespoons of ginger ground turkey.
- Wrap it up like a burrito and cut in half or leave it whole.
- Place turkey, cilantro, cabbage, noodles and avocado in the centre.
- Fold the bottom of the wrap upwards. Roll the wrap over and continue until completely wrapped.