I love me some spring rolls, and whenever I have Thai food, you better believe that I will be ordering some. Of course, I don’t eat out much these days after revamping my diet and priorities, but I would still like to enjoy spring rolls once in a while. So what to do? Make my own, of course! So that’s what I did with this Gluten-Free Ginger Spring Rolls recipe.
Of course, I made them my own, changing the traditional white rice wraps to brown rice ones, vermicelli noodles to sweet potato noodles, and used my ginger ground turkey to stuff these gluten-free ginger spring rolls.
Hearty Gluten-Free Ginger Spring Rolls
Ginger Ground Turkey Ingredients
- ½ pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - lean
- 1 piece ginger - grated
- ¼ medium white onion
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander)
Lemon Ginger Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons tamari - low sodium, gluten-free, non-GMO
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger - grated
- ¼ cup cilantro - chopped
- ½ medium avocado - thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cabbage - grated
- ½ medium cucumber - thinly sliced
- ½ medium lemon
Ginger Ground Turkey Instructions
- After removing the ground turkey from the packaging, place it in a pan on medium heat and let cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until 160 degrees.
- Sprinkle with salt and add small sliced white onion, grated fresh ginger, and cilantro. Let cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
Sweet Potato Noodles Instructions
- Boil a pot of water filled with 4 cups of water. When it begins boiling, add sweet potato noodles and boil until soft.
- With kitchen scissors, cut noodles into 1/2 inch pieces and set aside to cool when done.
Dipping Sauce Instructions
- Add all the ingredients into a small dipping bowl and stir together.
Spring Roll Instructions
- To make the spring roll, you will need a wide bowl to dip the wrap. Then you will need to fill the bowl with warm water, then dip the open wrap into it and place it on a flat surface.
- Immediately, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of sweet potato noodles, shredded cabbage, 1 thin slice of avocado, cilantro, and 1 to 2 tablespoons of ginger ground turkey.
- Wrap it up like a burrito and cut in half or leave it whole.
- Place turkey, cilantro, cabbage, noodles and avocado in the centre.
- Fold the bottom of the wrap upwards. Roll the wrap over and continue until completely wrapped.