When you are craving meatballs but want to take it up a notch higher, these pork bites with fennel and sun-dried tomatoes. These pork balls are much flavourful.
I added fennel and the tomatoes for both texture and sharp flavours. Luckily, they complement well with the pork meat.
This dish is packed with so much belly-filling protein and healthy fibre! I’m so pleased! This is a recommendation I urge you to try whether you are a fan of meatballs or not.
Yummy Pork Bites With Fennel and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound ground pork lean
- 1 medium fennel bulb minced
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers sliced
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 4 pieces hotdog buns
- Preheat your oven to 385 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the pork, fennel, tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, and salt to a mixing bowl.
- Gently mix the ingredients, roll into bite-sized balls and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. That’s enough time for the pork to cook but still allow some “bite” left in the fennel. Speaking of fennel, I just love how this dish allows for those “hidden” veggies and more flavour to explode!
- While the pork bites are cooking, in a pan set to medium-high heat, cook the bell pepper with the onion, and olive oil until soft. Slice the pork balls as desired.
- Serve the bites on hotdog buns and top with the sautéed bell pepper and onion.