This yummy recipe was voted the best tasting posh piggy meatballs by our mums’ friends. I understand it takes a little more time and love than buying something, but trust me; it is well worth the effort.
The combination of ground meats (bacon, pork, and beef), spices and a few secret ingredients make these posh piggy meatballs a real winner, so next time you are asked to bring a plate, make these…you won’t disappoint.
Tip: When frying the meatballs, if you need to add more ghee between batches, add 1 teaspoon at a time before adding the meatballs.
Delicious Posh Piggy MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 100 grams rindless bacon, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 grams organic, grass-fed pork mince
- 500 grams organic, grass-fed beef mince
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Paleo tomato sauce or chilli sauce, to serve
1. In a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of ghee and warm for 1 minute. Add bacon and cook until lightly browned.
2. Remove bacon and place in a large bowl.
3. Over low heat, add 2 teaspoons of ghee and heat for 1 minute. Add onion and cook, frequently stirring until soft and translucent. Add garlic and constantly stir for a further 1-2 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Place the onion mixture and the rest of the ingredients in the bowl with the bacon. Mix thoroughly with your hands—roll the mixture into bite-sized balls.
5. Over medium-high heat, add remaining ghee (1 tablespoon) to the pan and warm for 1 minute. Fry the meatballs in batches until nicely caramelized. Then, turn down the heat and fry more gently until cooked through (approximately 10 minutes in total/per batch).
6. Serve with a Paleo tomato or chilli sauce.