For a change, why not try this Perfect Flavorful Spicy Pork Burgers instead of beef burgers. These are so simple to make and can be served with a gluten-free bun as a treat or they go especially well with a simple salad.
Pork is an excellent source of protein but, unlike other meats, can not be eaten rare or even slightly uncooked. If freezing, these burgers ensure they are defrosted thoroughly before cooking.
The Perfect Flavorful Spicy Pork BurgersPrint Recipe
- 4-ounce fine green beans blanched for 2 to 3 minutes chopped to 1-inch
- 1 brown onion, peeled and very finely diced
- 1 pound pork mince
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder (such as Madras)
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- oil for frying
1. In a bowl, place all the ingredients, except the oil, and with your hands combine the mixture evenly.
2. Cover and chill for a couple of hours.
3. When ready to cook, divide mixture into eight portions and fashion into burger shapes (not too thick to ensure cooked through thoroughly.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add burgers, rotating burgers round the pan. This helps in knowing which burger to flip first and ensures they are cooked evenly.
5. Cook burgers for 7 to 10 minutes each side. Cut open to ensure cooked, then serve.
Serving Suggestion: Add a dollop of mayonnaise, sliced onion, tomato and cucumber and you have a perfect burger stack!