This slow cooker tofu stew is delicious. The seasoning is rich, and the addition of the cayenne gives it a nice little kick. Because it wasn’t overcooked, the vegetables all retained their individual flavours.
Scrumptious Slow Cooker Tofu Stew Recipe
Craving Korean food? You've probably heard of tofu stew! Today, I'm sharing this slow cooker tofu stew that you'll like at first try.
- 6 cups water
- 3 cubes vegetable stock (vegetable broth or vegetable bouillon)
- 1 cup ground pork (minced pork)
- 1 pound tofu - extra firm
- 3 crowns broccoli
- ½ head cauliflower
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 cup corn
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Boil the water. Add the bouillon cubes and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Chop the vegetables into bite-size pieces. Mince the garlic.
- Mix all the vegetables and the pork in a large mixing bowl.
- Cube the tofu.
- Put all the vegetable-pork mixture and tofu into the crockpot.
- Stir the seasoning into the broth.
- Pour the tomatoes and broth into the crockpot. Stir well
- Set the slow cooker to “Low” and your timer for 3 hours.
Calories: 443kcalCarbohydrates: 69gProtein: 25gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 86mgPotassium: 544mgFiber: 8gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 8969IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 193mgIron: 5mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!