This slow cooker tofu stew is delicious. The seasoning is rich, and the addition of the cayenne gives it a nice little kick. Because it wasn’t overcooked, the vegetables all retained their individual flavours.
Scrumptious Slow Cooker Tofu Stew RecipePrint Recipe
- 6 cups of water
- 3 cubes of vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup of minced pork
- 1 pound of extra firm tofu
- 3 crowns of broccoli
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1 jewel sweet potato
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons of dried sage
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne
- Boil the water. Add the bouillon cubes and stir until dissolved. Set aside.
- Chop the vegetables into bite-size pieces. Mince the garlic.
- Mix all the vegetables and the pork in a large mixing bowl.
- Cube the tofu.
- Put all the vegetable-pork mixture and tofu into the crockpot.
- Stir the seasoning into the broth.
- Pour the tomatoes and broth into the crockpot. Stir well
- Set the slow cooker to “Low” and your timer for 3 hours.