The beauty of this Fast and Easy Gluten-Free Sloppy Joes recipe is that it can be “jazzed” up as you please–adding heat or sweet or veggies. The possibilities are amazing!
I hope you enjoy this family-friendly meal as much as I do. It’s one of those quick and easy go-to recipes that make you toss out the pre-made sauce like this recipe and mix because you can whip this together so fast!
Fast and Easy Gluten-Free Sloppy JoesPrint Recipe
- 1½ pounds of ground beef
- ½ cup of onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground dry mustard
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef. When the meat has browned, add the onions and peppers. Cook until onions and peppers are softened. If needed, drain any excess fat.
- Stir in ketchup, water, gluten-free Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar and dry mustard. Mix well.
- Let simmer on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve on toasted, steamed or grilled buns.