The beauty of this Fast and Easy Gluten-Free Sloppy Joes recipe is that it can be “jazzed” up as you please–adding heat or sweet or veggies. The possibilities are amazing!
I hope you enjoy this family-friendly meal as much as I do. It’s one of those quick and easy go-to recipes that make you toss out the pre-made sauce like this recipe and mix because you can whip this together so fast!
Fast and Easy Gluten-Free Sloppy Joes
If you're looking for a very easy recipe for sloppy joes, this quick recipe is a must-try. Check out how you can make a very satisfying recipe for sloppy joes here.
- 1½ pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- ½ cup onion - finely chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper (red capsicum) - finely chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce - gluten-free
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard - dry and ground
- 8 small hamburger buns
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef. When the meat has browned, add the onions and peppers. Cook until onions and peppers are softened. If needed, drain any excess fat.
- Stir in ketchup, water, gluten-free Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, garlic powder, salt, brown sugar and dry mustard. Mix well.
- Let simmer on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve on toasted, steamed or grilled buns.
Calories: 321kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 22gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 884mgPotassium: 473mgFiber: 1gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 181IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 4mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!