There are endless recipes with beef, chicken, seafood and pork with capsicum. Capsicum (peppers) is a vegetable that comes in an exciting range of colours, like green, red and yellow. It is native to America and has been cultivated for thousands of years. Known by several names, like chilli pepper, bell pepper and red or green pepper, the vegetable is used as a spice, medicine and, obviously, a vegetable. Apart from being good in taste, capsicum has great nutritional value and accords numerous health benefits.
Minced Pork with Capsicum Fiesta
- 1.2 lbs ground pork
- 2 tomato - cubed
- 1 green pepper (green capsicum) - cored and sliced
- 1 red pepper (red capsicum) - cored and sliced
- 1 yellow bell peppers (yellow capsicum) - cored and cubed
- 1 carrots - peeled and cubed
- 1 red onion - sliced
- 1 garlic - use 3 chopped cloves
- ½ tsp turmeric - powder
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 pita bread
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Sauté the chopped onion and garlic.
- Add in the minced pork and stir fry it till half cooked.
- Add the turmeric powder and cook the mince until it curdles.
- Season to taste; add in all the capsicum and tomatoes and give it a nice stir.
- Try it with Greek pita bread or rice.