Today I suggest another autumn recipe – delicious stuffed butternut squash with quinoa and chicken. It is very healthy and rich in protein stuff.
Butternut is my favourite pumpkin because it has an intense flavour and fascinating shape. In addition, butternut has only 45 calories in 100 grams, and it is rich in Vitamin A. So don’t hesitate and introduce butternut into your diet!
My quinoa and chicken filling provides healthy vegetable and animal protein. The addition of dried tomatoes gives this Stuffed Butternut Squash With Quinoa and Chicken an exciting taste. Try my new stuffed butternut recipe, and don’t worry about calories!
Scrumptious Stuffed Butternut Squash With Quinoa and Chicken
- 1 small butternut squash
- 250 grams ground chicken (minced chicken) - breast
- 50 grams quinoa
- 4 small sun-dried tomatoes
- 60 grams Mozzarella cheese - low-fat
- 5 tablespoons passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 dash Sea salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- Cut your pumpkin in half lengthways, scoop seeds out using a spoon, sprinkle with a bit of oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Put it on an oven tray lined with baking paper and cook around 180 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes in a moderate oven. In the meantime, prepare chicken with quinoa.
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on the wrapping. Fry the chicken on a pan without oil. Add tomato puree and finely chopped dried tomatoes. Season with paprika, salt, freshly ground pepper and garlic.
- Combine chicken with quinoa, add grated mozzarella cheese and mix all ingredients. Take butternut out of the oven and spoon the filling onto it. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- I hope you will enjoy my recipe for quinoa stuffed butternut!