Craving for some comfort food. While Pizza comes to mind, I know that I’ll thank myself later if I can come up with a saucy alternative that is a lot more healthy. Therefore, I’ve decided to throw on a family favorite, easy turkey balls with red sauce. They are super easy, low maintenance and are perfect in cold weather. I eat them with veggies on the side, but my family likes them over pasta. Way more healthy than spaghetti and meatballs and packed with the protein that I love. You can do a quick stovetop method or pop into a crockpot for the day, so you have a meal waiting for you after a long day.
These easy turkey balls are one of my “go to” meals because they are hearty, healthy and easy. Plus, they are full of protein and will help you get that “lean and mean” body you are looking for. Save the pasta for your family and serve over veggies.
Easy Turkey BallsPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 to 1 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs Use more or less depending on how firm you like your meatballs.
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Egg Whites you can use a full if you wish
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar (26-ounce) marinara sauce there are many healthy versions - read your labels
- 2 cans diced tomatoes I like the ones with basil and garlic
1. Put all ingredients except for sauces in a bowl and mix until combined. You may need to use your hands.
2. In a large pot, put marinara and tomatoes. Turn to medium heat to warm.
3. With turkey mixture, form approximately 30 1-inch meatballs. Drop into sauce mixture.
4. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
5. cover and cook for 25 – 30 minutes. Serve over pasta or Veggies (for a leaner meal.)