Aside from our mutual love for lifting heavy things, we also share a strong affinity for buffalo chicken–any form will do. So today, we bring you buffalo chicken burgers. You can pump up the heat and flavour as much as you like in these burgers, but honestly, the slaw is where it’s at.
Usually, slaw is mayo based, but we didn’t want a heavy creamy slaw (we did make a lighter creamy slaw, but it just didn’t feel right for this dish). So then we threw some Frank’s and melted butter with the carrots and celery, and it stayed super light, added more heat to the dish, and the crunch of the slaw on the burger was exactly what it needed! So enjoy the rest of the year and this little burst of warm weather this week, and grill these buffalo chicken burgers up.
Mouthwatering Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken)
- ½ cup red onion - chopped
- ⅓ cup blue cheese - crumbled
- ¾ cup carrots - cut into matchsticks
- ¾ cup celery - cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch butter
- Add chicken, red onion, ¼ cup of Frank’s, blue cheese, salt and pepper in a bowl with hands, gently mixing until all ingredients have combined.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter, and add 1/4 cup of Frank’s. Pour this into the bowl in small batches with the celery and carrots, mixing as you go. You don’t want this to be too soggy, but you want it to be dressed. Add a bit of salt and pepper to taste. This is a personal preference, so add more sauce or less. Let this sit to marinate in the flavour until the burgers are done.
- Grill the burgers until done. We had them on a bed of lettuce, but obviously, a bun works – I mean, it's a burger. Pile that slaw on top of the burger and enjoy!