This clean spaghetti is my favourite meal, but definitely not with those wheat noodles! I feel tired and bloated with wheat, so I eat gluten-free and try to convince my family to do the same.
You can fill your yellow container with pasta and the rest sauce. Then, add your meat separately so you can fill up your red container.
I love making this while I do my diet, as it gives me lots of energy to get through my workouts!
This clean spaghetti sauce is a great dish to make for a Sunday prep item if you are in my private challenge group! Also, it is a great one to portion and freeze.
Clean Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 jar Marinara sauce (tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and onions – pasta sauce in southern hemisphere for Italian seafood dish)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cauliflower
- ½ cup mushrooms - diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 stalks celery - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - extra lean
- ½ teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- With a cheese grater, grate the raw cauliflower, and set it aside.
- In a non-stick pan ( I use cast iron, never Teflon) pan satay up the diced onions, garlic and mushrooms with oil.
- Add parsley, cauliflower, oregano, basil, pepper, and pasta sauce.
- In another pan, brown meat, leaving large clumps for your “lazy meatballs”, or you can break it up and have a meat sauce texture.
- Serve over cooked pasta.