Traditional buffalo sauce is made with a combination of hot sauce, lemon juice, and butter, so I used that as the foundation for my sauce, only making a couple of improvements. The spice level in this Buffalo Chicken Nachos is perfect; therefore, the chicken doesn’t need much, just salt, pepper and – if you like spicy food – a touch of cayenne pepper.
As for the other ingredients, I like ‘the works’ on my buffalo chicken nachos, but not everyone does; you can use anything you want. But, again, I recommend serving this as an appetizer; I can tell you from experience it’s an excellent dish for a football game or any sporting event for that matter.
Buffalo Chicken NachosPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1/3 cup of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ½ packet of chicken taco seasoning, any brand
- 2 cups of chicken, cooked and minced
- 1 10-ounce bag of tortilla chips, any brand
- 2 cups of cheese, shredded
- 2 chopped green onions or ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ head of lettuce, chopped
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup of black olives, chopped
- ½ cup of jalapeño peppers, chopped (may use tamed/pickled jalapeños)
- Sour cream for garnish
- Melt butter in a pot on the stove; add hot sauce, lemon juice, chicken taco seasoning and shredded chicken; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Layer chips in baking dish; cover with chicken mixture, sprinkle with cheese and onions. Bake for approximately 5 minutes or until cheese is melted; remove from oven and top with remaining ingredients. Serve with sour cream, if desired.