I love burgers of all flavours and sizes (I don’t discriminate) so, I decided to grill up some yummy little cheesy BBQ bacon turkey sliders. They’re so cute and delicious, who could resist? So, if you’re “weatherly-challenged”, bookmark this recipe and save it for when it’s bearable to be outside or cowboy up and deal with it.
These sliders are great with baked sweet potato fries, regular fries, salads, whatever! Burgers play nicely with most other foods. They’re especially lovely with a cold Shock Top or any other of your favourite brews. Enjoy!
Cheesy BBQ Bacon Turkey Sliders
These cheesy BBQ bacon turkey sliders are the perfect mini burgers to have when you want an easy snack to share with friends and family.
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup oats - uncooked
- 6 slices bacon
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley - flakes
- 2 cups BBQ sauce (barbecue sauce)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil.
- Spread the bacon on the foil and place the baking sheet on the centre rack of a cold oven.
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Put the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb grease. Set aside.
- Heat a gas grill.
- Place the ground turkey in a large bowl and add the garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and oats.
- Mix gently with fingers to combine.
- Shape the meat into 2-inch patties of equal size and thickness.
- Once the grill is medium-hot, brush the grill grate with oil to avoid sliders from sticking.
- Put the sliders on the grill and let cook for about 4 minutes on each side (or until cooked all the way through).
- For the last 1 to 2 minutes, divide buns in half and place on grill to toast.
- Combine feta, parmesan, and parsley in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave for 10 to 20 seconds on 50% power.
- Take out, stir, and repeat as necessary until cheese is smoothly melted.
- Top each toasted bun with a patty, then top with a few bacon slices. Drip a spoonful of the cheese over the top, and add a spoonful (or two) of BBQ sauce on top of the cheese.
Calories: 537kcalCarbohydrates: 71gProtein: 36gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 2735mgPotassium: 857mgFiber: 3gSugar: 49gVitamin A: 550IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 280mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!