Italian Cannelloni Al Forno is a regular meal of Catalan cuisine, commonly eaten on Christmas day. Chicken, mushroom and a hint of tarragon make a light filling for such a recipe. Serve with a salad for a fantastic meal.
Italian Cannelloni Al FornoPrint Recipe
- 450 grams of ground chicken breast
- 225 grams of mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh lemon juice
- 16 cannelloni tubes
- 475 ml of ready-made tomato sauce
- 50 grams of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 fresh parsley sprig to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the mushrooms, garlic, parsley, and tarragon in the food processor and blend until finely minced. Add to the chicken mixture.
- Thoroughly beat the mushroom mixture into the chicken, add the egg, salt and pepper and lemon juice to taste, and mix well.
- If necessary, cook the cannelloni in plenty of salted boiling water according to the instructions on the packet, then drain well on a clean dishtowel.
- Put the filling in a piping bag fitted with a large plain nozzle. Use this to fill each cannelloni tube once they are cool enough to handle.
- Lay the filled cannelloni tightly together in a single layer in a buttered shallow ovenproof dish. Spoon over the tomato sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until brown and bubbling. Serve garnished with a sprig of parsley. Enjoy!