Raise your hand if you love Quesadillas or Black Beans! I’m sorry if you don’t; you are totally missing out on these hearty Hearty Quick and Easy Black Bean Quesadillas that come together in less than 30 minutes; talk about quick and easy!
Quick and Easy Black Bean Quesadillas are one of those dishes that came to me when money was beyond tight, and I only had a few things in my pantry.
Since making these a few years ago, I have adapted the recipe a few times to make them even tastier and hearty.
We are huge fans of Tex-Mex style foods along with authentic Mexican cuisine because it’s always quick and easy but packed with loads of flavours which is very important to me.
This recipe can be made full-on vegetarian for those meatless Monday night meals or packed full of chicken, hamburger or even steak; you can’t go wrong at all. This recipe is extremely versatile.
Add the black beans, corn, onion, garlic, cilantro, taco seasoning, and cheese to a large bowl and gently mix together until combined.
After warming your tortillas, place 1/2 cup of the bean mixture on half the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half. Over medium heat in a skillet, spray with non-stick cooking spray or drizzle in oil, place quesadilla in skillet, and cook for about 2 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Flip the quesadilla over and cook that side another minute or 2 or until golden brown. Repeat until all tortillas and mixture are gone.
Once all black bean quesadillas are cooked, slice each quesadilla into thirds. Serve warm with a side of sour cream and salsa.
These quesadillas can be served with or without the meat.
I genuinely enjoy these comfort food as they are easy to make, and my family loves them. In fact, I always make sure to prepare this snack over the weekend when they visit me.
It’s such an easy food to serve as almost everyone is guaranteed to love it. So check out below the delicious Hearty Quick and Easy Black Bean Quesadillas recipe you will absolutely love as well.
Hearty Quick and Easy Black Bean QuesadillasPrint Recipe
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 11-ounce can of corn, drained
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 10 taco-sized tortillas
- 1/2 pound of ground chicken breast
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn, and set aside.
- Dice onion, mince garlic and chop cilantro; set aside.
- Add the black beans, corn, onion, garlic, cilantro, taco seasoning, and cheese to a large bowl and gently mix together until combined.
- Cook meat until done and allow to cool slightly; chop meat into small pieces and mix into the black bean mixture.
- Warm tortillas in the microwave until they are soft.
- Over medium heat, spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray or drizzle in a bit of oil.
- Lay a tortilla on a cutting board and scoop out 1/2 cup of the black bean mixture onto one side of the tortilla; gently fold the tortilla in half.
- Place the quesadilla in the prepared skillet and cook on one side for about 2 minutes or until it becomes brown and crispy; carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook for another minute or 2 or until it becomes brown and crispy.
- Continue filling and cooking quesadilla until you’ve cooked all.
- Cut each quesadilla into thirds and serve warm with sour cream and salsa.