As a family, we always seem to be left with an odd amount of items left over. Maybe this does not happen in some families, but the few things we purchase like hamburger buns or tortilla shells leave me distraught. I do not like to waste food, and tortilla shells typically get used for quesadillas, but I found a package with three last week and was determined to use them rather than toss them. So I made these Turkey, Cheese and Spinach Quesadilla.
Turkey, Cheese and Spinach QuesadillaPrint Recipe
- 1-2 whole wheat tortilla shell
- 1-2 slices of nitrate-free sauteed ground turkey
- Colby Jack or Munster Cheese
- A handful of baby spinach, washed
- Yellow mustard
- Olive oil
- In a skillet, pour about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat.
- Meanwhile, prepare your quesadilla. Put a small amount of mustard on the tortilla shell and layer cheese, turkey, spinach, and slightly more cheese. I find it sticks together best if there is cheese to hold it together on both sides. Fold the tortilla shell in half, or top with another shell, depending on how much you make.
- Sauté on both sides until cheese is melted and tortilla shell is lightly golden. Slice and Enjoy.