I typically make my Chicken and Apple breakfast sausage which is really tasty, but recently I’ve been scheming ways to get more greens into our diet. I had some frozen spinach on hand and ground chicken, so I decided to give that a whirl. The result is these tasty (and healthy!) little morsels. Unlike the Chicken and Apple breakfast sausages which have a hint of sweetness to them due to the apple, these sausages are very savory. If you prefer a hint of sweetness, you could try adding a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey.
Easy Chicken and Spinach Breakfast SausagePrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground chicken thigh meat
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 – 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Add ingredients into a food processor and blend.
3. Form the mixture into patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You could also cook these in a skillet, but I find baking them to be quicker and easier, although you don’t get the same level of appealing “browning”.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes on each side.