I typically make my Chicken and Apple breakfast sausage which is really tasty, but recently I’ve been scheming ways to get more greens into our diet. I had some frozen spinach on hand and ground chicken, so I decided to give that a whirl. The result is these tasty (and healthy!) little morsels. Unlike the Chicken and Apple breakfast sausages which have a hint of sweetness to them due to the apple, these sausages are very savory. If you prefer a hint of sweetness, you could try adding a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey.
Easy Chicken and Spinach Breakfast Sausage
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - thigh meat
- 1 cup spinach - frozen, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon Sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium egg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper - optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add ingredients into a food processor and blend.
- Form the mixture into patties on a parchment-lined baking sheet. You could also cook these in a skillet, but I find baking them to be quicker and easier, although you don’t get the same level of appealing “browning”.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on each side.