Nothing better than a delicious stir fry that only takes minutes to make! I love ordering the Thai chilli basil chicken stir fry from a Thai restaurant I love going to, so here is a homemade version that’s nearly as good! I served mine with basmati rice; you could also serve it with brown rice or noodles. Feel free to add your favourite vegetables; capsicum (bell pepper), bok choy or cauliflower would also work well!
20-Minute Thai Chilli Basil Chicken Stir FryPrint Recipe
- 1 large chicken breast, ground
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 an onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1-2 red chillis, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 cups of broccoli
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- Heat a frypan to medium heat.
- Cut the snow peas in half, and add the snow peas and broccoli to the pan. Cook the veggies for a couple of minutes until softened but still crunchy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and chicken to the pan, season with black pepper and cook for a few minutes until cooked through.
- Add the snow peas, broccoli, onion, chilli and basil to the pan, then add the soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce. Let the stir fry simmer for a few minutes until the sauce is well combined and the onion is soft.
- Remove the stir fry from heat and serve over rice or noodles.