I recently learned to make this Yummy Stuffed Zucchini in Tomato Broth, and I can never get enough. I made use of steak to mince because that’s the most flavourful meat for me. Check out the easy recipe here.
Yummy Stuffed Zucchini in Tomato Broth
- 7 medium zucchinis
- ½ cup butter - salted
- 2 cups white rice - uncooked
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice (also called pimento or Jamaican Pepper) - salt, and pepper to taste
- 1 salted salt
- 1 salted ground black pepper
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 medium tomato - chopped
- 1 cup water
- Begin by cutting off the tops and coring each zucchini with a coring tool. Take care to avoid piercing the outside flesh of the vegetables with the tool.
- Hollow each vegetable out, leaving enough flesh so that the vegetable won’t fall apart in the broth.
- Next, chop the steak in a food processor using the S-blade until it resembles ground beef. Mix the chopped steak with the rice, melted butter, allspice, salt, and pepper.
- Fill each cored vegetable with the steak mixture, leaving a little room (1/2 inch) at the top of each vegetable to allow the filling to expand. Pile the stuffed vegetables into a large pot and cover with water until below the top vegetable.
- Season the water with salt and pepper. Add 6 ounces of tomato paste to the water.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then simmer with the lid on for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how many or size of your vegetables.
- Check for doneness inside the top vegetable. Serve each stuffed vegetable with some of the broth for flavour.