Since I just shared my Legendary Cheesy Taco Bake recipe, why not share with you guys another oven-baked taco. This is my Taco Casserole recipe.
Because I’m on a budget and a bit busy during the past few weeks, thinking about food was pretty much out of the question for a while. So when my friend would go to the store, I’d not send a list with her. Even if I was with my friend, we’d pretty much just buy easy stuff because I’d be the one cooking because she cannot cook. It was so funny watching her struggle with my Easy Turkey Burgers at first!
Now, I want real meals again. Burgers and hotdogs are great for quick meals, but sometimes you just want more.
This week this Taco Casserole recipe showed up on my list that I think anyone can handle, including my friend. And since it’s got a Mexican theme, I’m sure you’ll be excited about it too.
The Best Mouthwatering Taco Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 large yellow onion - chopped
- 15 ounce refried beans - 1 can
- 4 ounce green chilis (green chilli in British English) - diced and 1 can
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounce iceberg lettuce - shredded
- 3 stalks green onions (scallions or green shallots) - chopped
- 1 pack tortilla chips - we’ll likely use Dorito’s
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet until beef is browned and crumbly; drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F; spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer beans, meat mixture, green chiles and cheese spread with salsa.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Spread with sour cream, top with shredded lettuce and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips.