The main flavor of bearnaise sauce is tarragon, and at home, it meant putting bearnaise sauce on top of everything, pizza, chips, BBQ, and Thai (the last one might not be true, but I’m sure it’s been tried by someone). The love for tarragon is imprinted in my DNA, so here’s a recipe for some really good beef tarragon sliders.
Yummy Beef Tarragon SlidersPrint Recipe
- 3 eschalots, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 500 grams of lean beef mince
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 egg
- 1/8 cup of bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 small brioche buns
- Heat a frypan, melt the butter, and sautee eschalot until soft; set to the side cool. Combine cooled Eshallots with beef, tarragon, Dijon mustard, garlic, egg, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Shape into 12 small burger patties and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat a frypan, cook the burgers to your liking, assemble them with your favorite burger toppings. I used tomato relish, gruyere cheese, cos lettuce, and mini gherkins.