This homemade beef burrito is an excellent snack to have when you want something quick for a meal. It’s a classic Mexican snack that you won’t regret having. Here’s the easy recipe you can try at home.
Homemade Beef BurritoPrint Recipe
- 1 cup of ground beef
- 1 cup of soft Mexican-style chorizo, removed from casing
- 1 onion, diced
- A handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mild white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of Oaxaca cheese, shredded
- 3 avocados, sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed, sliced
- Serrano pepper, stem removed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved
- Dried guajillo chile, stem removed, halved, seeded
- Dried Morita chile, stem removed, halved, seeded
- Dried Arbol chile (hot), stem removed, halved, seeded
- Mix 1 cup of flour and 1 tablespoon of salt well in a blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lard, blend, then gradually add water while blending until a doughy texture results.
- Remove dough and knead for 10 minutes or until it doesn’t stick to your hands, adding flour as needed. Let rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast-iron pan. Cook chorizo for several minutes. Add a little more oil. Cook the steak in the chorizo fat until done but not too dry. Remove from pan.
Tres Chiles Sauce Instructions
- Remove stems from dried chiles, break them open and remove seeds. Heat oil in a pan, add chiles and roast a bit. Then turn off the heat and add water. Let boil a few minutes and remove chiles.
- Empty water out, heat more oil, and fry 1/3 cup of onion with a bit of salt. Add sliced tomatillos and tomatoes and 3 cloves of garlic.
- Simmer at low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Put vegetables in a blender, add 1 tablespoon of vinegar and some salt. Blend until mostly smooth.
Avocado Sauce Instructions
- Put avocado pieces in a blender. Add a handful of cilantro, a little bit of onion, serrano, 1 clove of garlic, lime juice, a little salt and about 1/2 cup of water. Blend until smooth.
- Form a circle with a piece of dough, roll flat with a rolling pin until about 12-inch wide. Warm both sides in a pan to make it flexible. Melt some white cheddar and Oaxaca cheese in a pan.
- Press the tortilla on the cheese, then flip the pan and put the tortilla on a surface. Add chorizo and steak to one side of the tortilla; don’t overfill. Put tres chiles salsa on the meat, then the avocado salsa, some onions and cilantro.
- Fold in left and right sides a little, then tightly roll the burrito, keeping the sides closed. Heat for a minute in a pan to secure it.