My family loves Chinese take-out. The only problem is finding paleo-friendly Chinese take-out. That is why this Chicken and Yellow Rice Recipe is so perfect!
My kids love this, and it’s pretty easy to make. This stuff also satisfies your carb craving, you know, when you want to cheat but don’t want the stomach repercussions. I have to double this recipe for my clan; I would recommend doubling; even if you don’t have a huge family, you will want leftovers!
Super Filling Chicken and Yellow Rice Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 breasts ground chicken (minced chicken)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots - peeled and finely diced
- ½ medium yellow onion - diced
- ½ teaspoon garlic - crushed
- 1 head cauliflower - steamed and riced
- 3 sprigs green onions - diced
- 1 dash ginger
- 2 medium eggs - whisked
- Steam and rice your cauliflower. Set aside
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add your minced chicken and 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos. When chicken is cooked thoroughly, set aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of coconut oil to the pan, carrots, and 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil. Cook everything until they begin to soften, approximately 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onions become translucent.
- Add cauliflower and drizzle with another tablespoon of sesame oil. Add green onions and 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos and ginger.
- Add chicken back to the pan.
- Create a well in the centre of your rice. Add 2 eggs and scramble. Incorporate into the rice as the eggs cook.