Since we enjoy a Mediterranean diet most of the time, these sweet and sour Hawaiian meatballs occasionally add a nice variety to our menu. Serving this meatball dish is a quick way to put a smile on your family’s faces. It’s a very simple dish they will surely love.
Sweet Hawaiian Meatballs Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces pineapple - chunks
- 1 cup green pepper (green capsicum) - diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Combine hamburger, bread crumbs, onion, salt, pepper, and evaporated milk. Shape into balls and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice. Dice peppers and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, and soy sauce in a large saucepan. Cook over low heat, constinuously stirring, until thick and clear.
- Add meatballs, pineapple and bell peppers; stir to combine. Turn the heat to low and simmer until the peppers are crisp-tender. Serve with boiled white rice.