Here is my version of the Baked Spaghetti Lasagna recipe; usually, I wouldn’t say I like cottage cheese, but in this, I can’t tell, and it adds flavour, but you could substitute it for ricotta cheese.
Baked Spaghetti LasagnaPrint Recipe
- 8-16 ounces of spaghetti noodles
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 16 ounces of cottage cheese
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 pound of ground pork
- Classico tomato basil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the spaghetti noodles with salt and olive oil, drain and rinse.
- At the same time, start to brown the ground pork.
- Put the noodles in a sprayed 9×13 baking dish. Add a few dabs of butter or margarine and mix. Set aside. By this time, the sausage should be browned, add the spaghetti sauce, heat to boiling, then reduce the heat and let simmer.
- In a medium bowl, add in sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (save some mozzarella cheese for the end.) Add to the top of the noodles.
- Pour the meat sauce to the top of the cheese mixture.
- The top with mozzarella cheese. I didn’t measure; I just shredded it right onto the meat sauce. I would say probably about a cup worth.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for 15 minutes more.