Cheesy beef is similar to a shepherd’s pie. The original recipe called for chopping up a whole cauliflower head into little florets. Still easy, but oh so messy. I also prefer the smaller bits of texture to go alongside the beef.
The cheesy beef recipe starts out with cooking up some ground beef and onions then draining the excess fat. Pretty standard stuff. On the other hand, the cheese sauce in this stuff is so delicious. It’s a mixture of cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and heavy cream heated over medium heat in a large pot. I feel like this sounds like a lot of cheese. But it doesn’t really seem like a lot with each serving you eat. Or maybe I’m just obsessed with cheese. That could be it. It’s just freaking delicious.
Mouthwatering And Super Cheesy Beef
- 3 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 large white onion - diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounce heavy cream (also called thickened cream)
- 8 ounce cheddar cheese - sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounce cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt - , to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper - , to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cook the ground beef in a large saucepan until brown. Drain the excess fat and set it aside.
- Return the saucepan to medium-high heat. Cook the onions until translucent. Add the garlic.
- Return ground beef to the pan with onions and garlic. Add the paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, combine the heavy cream, cheddar cheese and cream cheese.
- Cook over medium heat until melted and come together.
- Add the mustard (and maybe a little extra!) and some pepper
- At the same time, cook the riced cauliflower bags and mashed cauliflower (**See note below regarding seasoning mashed cauliflower)
- Add the beef and riced cauliflower to the cheese sauce and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a large casserole dish.
- Top with mashed cauliflower (or mashed potatoes if non-keto!) and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!