Stuffed bell peppers are a creative, delicious, and original way to brighten up your dinner plate. Some people prefer to roast the bell peppers with the stuffing filling inside. Still, I find the juxtaposition between the two textures lingering between freshness and savory warmth to be an agreeable taste on the tongue.
The shell of a fresh bell pepper combined with the cooked stir fry adds a nice balance between the heavy meat and light vegetables. This meal is quick to concoct and equally lovely to eat. On days when I have an inkling to cook, I find it quite enjoyable to slip into the kitchen and throw things together.
Old-Fashioned Stuffed Bell Peppers RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of minced beef
- 4 bell peppers in different colors
- 1 zucchini
- 4 wholemeal pitas
- Jasmine rice
- 10 dried chili peppers
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of Knorr chicken broth seasoning
- 1/4 of Kopparberg strawberry and lime cider
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1 bowl of mushrooms
- Put some olive oil in a heated pan. Let it warm up for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the minced meat in the pan. It takes a lot longer to cook the meat than the zucchini, so let the meat sizzle first.
- It’s time for seasoning. Put some salt and pepper in, three spoons of sesame oil, two spoons of oyster sauce, two teaspoons of garlic powder, and 4 spoons of soy sauce.
- Crush 10 dried chili peppers and place them in the pan so that the meat can absorb the flavor.
- Throw in 1/4 of a Kopparberg strawberry and lime cider. This adds a tangy sweetness to the meat.
- Cut the top off of four bell peppers to prepare them for stuffing.
- Cook some jasmine rice in a rice pot.
- Divvy up the pita bread and place them in the oven to toast.
- Place the cut zucchini and mushrooms in and place a lid on the pan to let things simmer properly.
- Take the stir fry out, stuff the peppers, and place the top back on for display.
- Dish out the rice and pita. You should have enough stir fry leftover to eat with the rice and pita.