Rich And Tasty Beef Pie. This is a ground beef dish that I made one night when my friend Charlie stopped by. He had not yet started our family, so Charlie was our current dependent. Charlie was single, and we knew he would never cook a decent meal for himself, so we fed him regularly.
Though those were good times, some women came along and took over the responsibility of feeding Charlie on a daily basis. He liked this Rich And Tasty Beef Pie dish so much that he asked for the recipe to give to his new wife. It turns out she’s this amazing pastry chef, and Charlie got the better deal. She still makes this for him some years later.
Rich And Tasty Beef Pie
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- ½ cup celery - chopped
- 1 bottle sweet chili sauce (sweet chilli sauce in British English) - 12-ounce
- ½ cup apple - chopped and unpeeled
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary - crushed
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 can corn - 7 or 8 ¾-ounce, drained
- Brown beef and celery in a large skillet; drain.
- Stir in chili sauce, apple, pepper, and rosemary.
- Spoon meat mixture into 1 1/2 quart quiche dish (9 1/2 to 10-inch diameter) or 8-inch round cake pan.
- Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions for muffins, using egg and milk.
- Stir the corn into the muffin mixture.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of corn muffin batter on top of the meat mixture; spread evenly to the outer edges of the dish.
- Bake for 400°F for 30-35 minutes or until the cornbread is golden brown.