The real MVP for this Picante stuffed meatballs recipe is the Picante Sauce. It packs the perfect amount of southwestern flavour and delicious spice. But did you know that it’s made with handpicked jalapenos? I think that’s the secret behind that genuine taste.
Cooking the pork in Picante sauce rather than a traditional BBQ sauce provides a unique and rich flavour. It’s a fun change to have some of that southwestern heat on these tasty meatballs!
Picante Stuffed MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup of Picante sauce, hot
- 4 ounces of cubed pepper jack cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix ground beef, onion, and seasoning.
- Form mixture into balls and place cheese cube in the centre, forming rest of meat to cover fully.
- Place in a slow cooker and cover with Picante sauce.
- Cook for 4 hours on high heat.