The real MVP for this Picante stuffed meatballs recipe is the Picante Sauce. It packs the perfect amount of southwestern flavour and delicious spice. But did you know that it’s made with handpicked jalapenos? I think that’s the secret behind that genuine taste.
Cooking the pork in Picante sauce rather than a traditional BBQ sauce provides a unique and rich flavour. It’s a fun change to have some of that southwestern heat on these tasty meatballs!
Amazing Picante Stuffed Meatballs
If you love spicy things, you'll love these picante stuffed meatballs. It's blazing with the special hot sauce that I'm sure you'll like.
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- ½ medium yellow onion - diced
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese - cubed
- 1 pinch salt - to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Mix ground beef, onion, and seasoning.
- Form mixture into balls and place cheese cube in the centre, forming rest of meat to cover fully.
- Place in a slow cooker and cover with Picante sauce.
- Cook for 4 hours on high heat.
Calories: 659kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 61gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 20gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 1363mgPotassium: 1150mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1061IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 493mgIron: 6mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!