After we made lasagne recently, I had some pasta and ricotta cheese mixture leftover. So, I decided to try making some cannelloni and was delighted with the results! This dish is quick and easy.
- 4 sheets of gluten-free lasagne pasta
- 1 cup of ricotta cheese mixture
- 2 to 3 cups tomato sauce
- ½ cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 12 cups of cooked ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the pasta sheets in boiling salted water for two minutes. Dry on a paper towel or clean towel.
- Use an 8×8-inch glass casserole dish and cover the bottom with a layer of tomato sauce and beef.
- Lay a sheet of lasagne pasta on a board lengthwise, with the thin end facing you. Take a generous tablespoon of the ricotta cheese mixture and place it at the end closest to you in a line across the pasta. Roll the pasta around the cheese mixture until the pasta slightly overlaps. Cut the pasta horizontally to make your first completed cannelloni. Set the mini cannelloni in the casserole dish, seam side down, on top of the tomato sauce. Repeat until all the lasagne pasta sheets have been made into mini cannelloni.
- Cover the mini cannelloni with the remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle the fresh parsley and pepper on top. Add the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the cannelloni at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes or until the sauce and cheese are bubbling hot. Place under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to brown the cheese.