Quesadilla is one of my favourite Mexican snacks. I always find myself ordering this when I see a Mexican food truck. It’s so good and so easy to make. Check out the homemade version I make when I’m craving this classic Mexican street food at home.
Easy Homemade Beef Quesadilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium white onion - sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 medium mushrooms - sliced
- 2 cups ground beef (minced beef) - pre-cooked
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 packet cream cheese
- Put 2 tablespoons of the butter into a hot pan. When the butter starts to melt, add onion, Anaheim chilli, mushrooms, and beef.
- Once those are getting warmed up, add salt, pepper, honey to create a thick mixture.
- Then in a flat pan, butter the pan and add the tortilla with grated cheese and small dollops of cream cheese around the tortilla.
- Take some of the meat and sauce mixture into the tortilla. Once that is all on the tortilla, add the 2nd tortilla as a lid. Carefully use a flipper (spatula) to flip over and finish warming the cheese to melt, checking often.
- Once done, lay it on a cutting board, and cut it like a pizza.
- Make sure to repeat creating 3 more quesadillas making an entire meal for a family of 4. You can add sour cream and avocado to the top of each cut section.