I’m all about making whatever I can in a bite-size format. So I went online, saw the picture of the “mini cheesesteak meatballs”, immediately printed out the ingredients list and ran out to the store. Once back home with a bunch of ingredients and ground beef, I went back online only to discover that they hadn’t posted the recipe yet. Makes sense. But it sucked for me as I stood in the kitchen with hungry little people watching me from the doorway. So, I decided to use the ingredients I had and wing it based on my love of cheesesteaks. Feel free to adapt this Delicious Philly Cheesesteak Meatballs to your taste!
Delicious Philly Cheesesteak MeatballsPrint Recipe
- 1 ½ cup Bisquick
- 1 pound ground meat (I use 90/10 beef)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- ½ finely chopped red pepper
- ¼ finely chopped Vidalia onion
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pam spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. I bake my meatballs in a mini muffin pan. So here’s where you spray it well with Pam to prevent sticking.
2. In a large bowl, mix together everything except the ground meat until all nicely mixed. Then add the meat and mix well.
3. Roll your meatballs and nicely deposit one per mini muffin spot. This recipe makes 28 meatballs. I baked 24 and froze the other 4.
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. I was shocked when I cracked the oven open a bit, and it smelled EXACTLY like there were cheesesteaks in there!
We served them on a nice long roll. But I can’t help but wonder how yummy they would be on buttered penne pasta. There were about 6 or so leftovers; I froze those also for a future lunch!