Tonight was a night where I had ground beef thawed for dinner and not a clue what to make! So I looked through the pantry and the refrigerator, and after about 30 minutes, this creamy beef and rice are what made it onto the table. The most amazing part? Hubby loved it and asked for seconds! I love it when improvisation turns out to be a success.
This beef and rice dish is a filling and comforting recipe you can try when you want an easy dish. It can easily make you full, but the flavors are lovely. I recently made this, and I’ll make it again this weekend.
Creamy Beef and Rice Recipe
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 2 dashed ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil - dried
- 1 tablespoon cumin - dried
- ½ tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon salted butter
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- ½ cup chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (also called thickened cream)
- ⅛ teaspoon mustard - ground
- ½ cup green onions (scallions or green shallots) - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- In a pot, boil water with 1 cup of rice and a pinch of salt. Once it’s boiling, boil it down to low and simmer until the rice is fully cooked.
- Add olive oil and brown the ground beef in a large saute pan.
- Add the basil, cumin, garlic salt, 1/4 cup of chicken broth, and a pinch of Celtic sea salt and black pepper to the ground beef.
- In a smaller saute pan, melt the butter and stir in the last 1/4 cup of chicken broth, whipping cream, and shredded cheese and whisk until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- To the creamy sauce, add a pinch of sea salt, black pepper, ground mustard, green onions, and garlic cloves; stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour the rice into the ground beef and stir around to mix.
- Pour the cream sauce over the beef and rice mixture and stir until everything is coated with sauce.
- Serve up dishes of this creamy beef and rice and make your family very happy!