Today for lunch, I made baked penne bechamel. I incorporated all six flavours into it. Sweet milk, wheat flour and butter, combined with a good amount of salt, sour taste from Parmesan, pungent asafoetida and cayenne, astringent zucchini, and bitter nutmeg, united well to create this flavorful dish.
Scrumptious Baked Penne Bechamel
Try this baked penne bechamel when you're craving something sweet and savoury. This is so easy to make, you'll perfect this in your first attempt.
- 2 ounces ground beef (minced beef) - pre-cooked
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 medium zucchini - sliced in quarters
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt 5 tablespoons butter in a stainless steel pot over medium heat. Add the flour a spoon at a time and whisk to incorporate. Keep on cooking while whisking for 5 to 7 minutes until the mixture becomes golden.
- Warm up the milk in a separate pot until hot and add the butter cooked to the sauce base. Whisk well. Bring to boil and lower the heat. Add a pinch of salt, asafoetida, cayenne and nutmeg. Cook for 15 minutes, whisking frequently.
- Meanwhile, saute zucchini over medium heat in an oiled pan. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Cook pasta in salted water until done per package instructions and drain.
- Mix cooked pasta and zucchini with the sauce and place in an oiled baking dish. Sprinkle Parmesan on top. Place in the oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 18 minutes.
Calories: 504kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 18gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 377mgPotassium: 630mgFiber: 2gSugar: 12gVitamin A: 1136IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 335mgIron: 2mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.