When you want something quick and savoury for a snack, you can never go wrong with a beef chili dog. It’s a comfort food that you can serve whether there is an occasion or none.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of hotdogs
- 1 15-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 4-ounce can of diced green chillies
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown the ground beef and hot dogs in a large sauté pan (make sure it is large enough to fit all of the other ingredients).
- Once the beef and hotdogs are cooked, add the rest of the ingredients. Let it simmer until you think it is done; it takes us about 20 minutes to evaporate some of the liquid. Also, slow-cooked chili is pretty great; this is no different. If you start too early and need to let it sit for 40 minutes, I wouldn’t see a problem with that.
- Top it with hotdog toppings. We usually top with mustard and relish, but you can get creative here.