You can enjoy this delicious Italian-style meatloaf recipe using garlic and fresh Italian herbs. I find Italian herbs more flavourful, so making this dish was really enjoyable for me.
This appetizing Italian-style meatloaf is such a winner for my kids. Who knew they would enjoy such a typical meatloaf? Well, the Italian spices made it extra special, and I’m not complaining!
Give this meatloaf a try and see how your kids will love this as much as we did!
Appetizing Italian-Style Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef (minced beef) - lean
- 7 ounces red pepper (red capsicum) - chopped and roasted
- 1 medium yellow onion - chopped
- 2 medium egg
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 2 tablespoons basil - chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Neapolitan Sauce or Pasta sauce Southern Hemisphere (Tomato Sauce in North America)
- Preheat the oven to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit and heat a medium-sized saute pan over medium-high heat. And add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, garlic, and onion and cook until soft. Set it aside to cool.
- Get a large mixing bowl and add the cooled garlic and onion along with all the other ingredients, except the prepared tomato sauce, and mix gently using your hands. Form a loaf and place it on an oiled oven tray.
- Top your loaf with a cup of tomato sauce and spread it evenly over the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour (the internal temperature of your meatloaf should be about 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove your Italian-style meatloaf from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- Heat some tomato sauce to use for dipping if desired.
- Slice up the meatloaf and serve.