I’ve never tried a stuffed meatloaf recipe. At least, not until three hours ago! I’ve heard there are many ways to stuff a meatloaf. It all depends on your taste and what your family enjoys. Because this was our first time, I kept it pretty basic on the flavours I know my family likes. We used herbed garlic rice, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. It was wonderful! Here is the yummy recipe!
Stuffed Meatloaf RecipePrint Recipe
- Stuffed Meatloaf Ingredients
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup of good beef stock
- 1/4 cup of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, shredded
- 1/2 cup of diced green onions
- 1/2 cup of dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of good beef stock
- 5 slices of Mozzarella cheese
- Rice Filling Ingredients
- 1 box of herb and butter rice mix
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan/Asiago Cheese blend
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the rice filling. Follow the directions on the box to make the rice. When it’s finished, combine the shredded cheese and breadcrumbs with the rice. It should be pretty dry.
- When the rice is cooling, combine the garlic, eggs, beef stock, tomato paste, basil, onions, bread crumbs, and Parmesan in a large bowl. Add the ground beef and mix well. Divide the beef mixture in half. Using a loaf pan, pat half the mix on the bottom and up the sides of the pan. You want about a 1 inch deep well in the centre of the meat. Spoon approximately 1 cup of rice filling into the well. Top with the remaining meat mixture, pinching the top and bottom edges together. Pour 1/2 cup of beef stock over the top of the loaf.
- Bake the stuffed meatloaf for 50 to 60 minutes or until your thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Top the loaf with Mozzarella slices and bake for another five minutes until the cheese melts. Let sit for 10 minutes, so the loaf sets up a bit. Carefully transfer meatloaf to a serving platter and garnish with sliced green onions! Enjoy!